I'm Jared Rand!
Las Vegas, NV
I was most recently employed at DXC Technology as an Associate Professional Programmer Analyst. I am currently searching for work.
A determined Programmer Analyst with over a year of professional experience and over 3 years of academic experience. What I lack in experience, I make up for with a desire to learn and a determination to get it right. I'm also a wannabe Full Stack Web Developer.
People often ask me, "Jared, what was it like to go to MIT?" I tell them, "I have no idea, I graduated from Eastern Connecticut State University with a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science and a minor in Digital Art and Design."
Over my four years at college, I recieved experience in many different programming languages and many different technologies. My favorite languages are Python and Java, but I am able to write in various other languages as well. During my minor, I learned various methods for creating digital artwork, typically in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, but also 3D modelling programs like Blender and Maya.
Throughout my time at DXC, I have learned many new skills, but most important of them is how to work alongside others. In college, they don't often have you work with your peers, especially on the same project. At DXC, I have learned much about how to work productively alongside others, and have learned quite a bit about how to be productive in a work environment.
DXC Technology, Remote Position
Associate Professional Programmer Analyst
2020 - Present
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents basic programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
- Assists in the research and analysis of existing systems and program requirements; assists in preparing documentation to change existing programs. Performs data analysis to support internal and external project needs.
- Designs basic programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
- Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
- Assists in resolving routine production support problems.
- Assists in the completion of unit testing by preparing test data, running tests and evaluating results. Develops screen tests and debugging problems. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Creates basic documentation in work assignments such as program code.
- Conducts routine quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
Eastern Connecticut State University
3.47 GPA out of 4
2016 - 2020
The Computer Science degree program at Eastern Connecticut State University provides students the foundations and skills for future work and careers in computing. Additionally the curriculum prepares students to continue acquiring new knowledge and skills, to further their study, and to advance in a fast-changing world. We accomplish these goals by placing our computer science program in the context of the liberal arts core curriculum. Upon graduation, students will:
- Possess practical and theoretical knowledge of computer science sufficient to work professionally and contribute to the regional and global economic development.
- Be able to apply computational techniques to design and implement solutions to real-world problems.
- Be prepared for advanced education in computer science and continued professional development.
- Possess the skills and the intellectual abilities that will enable them to adapt in the ever-changing field of computer science.
A Twitter bot made for my senior research project. Primarily it follows and unfollows a certain amount of people a day to try and gain a following.Twitter Bot Following
Twitter Bot Unfollowing
Round Robin Simulation
A program I wrote to simulate Round Robin CPU scheduling for an Operating Systems class
Reddit GPU Monitoring Bot
I wrote this program when I was searching for a new GPU. It would listen for new posts on a subreddit for computer part deals and it would text me when someone posted about a GPU
8 Puzzle Solver -- Iterative Deepening
This is a bot that solves an 8 puzzle, 3 rows of 3, two rows with 3 numbers and one row 2 numbers and a blank space. The goal is to put all the numbers in order 1-8 by only sliding the squares next to the gap.
Vacuum Cleaner Agent
This is a little program to try and simulate a robot vacuum, and to try 3 different methods and see which one is the most efficient
Prisoner and Guards
This project finds a solution to the prisoners and guards puzzle. 3 Prisoners and 3 guards need to get across a river on a boat that fits 2, without the guards being outnumbered by the prisoners.
This is a bot made to solve a minesweeper game. It didn't work as well as I wanted to, so this is definitely something that I would like to recreate in the future.
Pig Latin Translator
This project was meant to showcase our ability to use VB.net.
A 3D animated short film about office work and DIE
Made for 2D Animation Class
I know, I know. A 3D animation in a 2D animation class? I tried to make it look as 2D as I could, and my professor liked it!